Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You only turn 20 once

I'd just like to start off by saying that Chris completely spoiled me! My birthday was so much fun!
I started the morning with my usual Friday morning Step Class up at Gold's (can't miss it, especially on my birthday! That class makes me feel so good!) and then came home to shower. Chris had run off to WalMart to do some shopping- gotta love the male species, always waiting 'til the very last minute. We left the house about noon and stopped at Subway for some lunch. After eating, we went to the Gateway Mall and did some birthday shopping. After a fun trip to VS, we went over to the Planetarium and saw Deep Sea 3D- it was SO much better than I thought it was going to be. Definitely worth seeing again. We were in a huge auditorium theater with hundreds of giggling little kids, obviously on Spring Break. Jim Carrey narrates the show and does a fabulous job! It was hilarious!
The timing was just right leaving the mall; we had just enough time for dinner at Rodezio Grill. I was mainly after the spicy chicken wings and salad bar. I didn't count points that day, just in case you're wondering. We then headed to the Hale Center Theatre to see Phantom. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't follow the original story line, but the cast was full of great singers and actors. I wouldn't reccommend seeing it for those who haven't.
The night ended with a stay at the Anniversary Inn at the Hayloft. I'm going to end the story there, you probably know how it ends. :)
Fabulous birthday! I really don't know how I can top that for Chris' birthday coming up in June. We did, however, purchase tickets to the Elton John concert for November and also have a bounce-back pass to the Inn. I'm trying to persuade Chris that we should use it then. We'll see.

xoxo
A

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like he planned everything well! How cute!

    ReplyDelete