This last week has been a rough week, but I'm glad that I went through it. Throughout the week days I find myself in a job that I dislike. But there is a silver lining, as every evening I come home to my Darling wife who's waiting and very happy to see me come home.
Amy has started beauty school this week, and I can't be prouder. My biggest priority in this relationship has been to make sure she gets through school. Of course, she hates school (who doesn't) so this ends up being a bit of a struggle. But luckily she's cooperating. And making tips! She cut two people's hair this weekend and ended up coming home with money!
Amy also got a letter from AFA, the company she's getting certification for in order to teach exercise classes, informing her that she hadn't passed the written and so would not yet be recieving her certification. The next class we can get her to will be in December up in Logan.
Gonna be a long Saturday.
My cool thing this weekend has been getting Windows 7 working on Macintosh Bootcamp. The challenges started in that I bought a $36 upgrade version which in order to get to custom install (I had xp, which you can't install from) to work you have to put the product key in AFTER you install the OS. The second thing was the drivers, as Apple doesn't want to support Windows 7 right off the bat. You have to start the driver installer from the command prompt in order to get past some configuration issues.
Yesterday I visited a friend whom I hadn't seen in months. It was a reminder to me of how great my life is, as he is still living in his relatives basement and does nothing all day except play on his computer. While that sounds great, I am so glad I have a wife who cares about me and a family that encourages us to get out and do things. Being stuck in a basement playing computer all day is not my idea of fun.
On the family side, I am so incredibly proud to hear about Nathan's progress in the Church. Knowing that he's getting the priorities in life sorted and may one day serve a mission makes me feel incredibly happy.
Well I love you all, and have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment