Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Best Workout is the One You'll DO

My friend, Sydnie, who teaches at Gold's Gym asked me to substitute her Zumba class yesterday morning (my second time) and I had an absolute BLAST! There's something so exciting and empowering being the teacher in front of the group. I love finding ways for fitness to be FUN for other people. I truly believe that everyone can love working out, once they've found what they love and what challenges them. I don't aspire to love every type of exercise out there, but when I tried doing things like Step Aerobics, Kickboxing, and now even RUNNING (yes, I love running!). I'm finding out what works for me and the things I'm passionate about. Each of these formats challenge me, whether it be balance, endurance, remembering choreography, ect. They all push me farther. That's the point. When you grow both physically and mentally stronger, you want to continue. You're literally competing against yourself. My challenge is for everyone to try something new. You may just find that thing to be excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment