So, being the first week of March, I've witnessed another end of the "Resolution Rush" at the gym. The aerobics class sizes have shrunk and the gym, in general, is a lot less populated. Many of the people who were "ready" to make a change in January lost their spark and are now making excuses to skip, claiming there isn't "enough time," ect. It's so important to stay focused and motivated when you make your resolutions to get and stay fit. This applies to both the gym and life in general. You're going nowhere if you don't know where you're going! You really need to find your WHY before you start your HOW. I know, for me, motivation started (and stays) from wanting to be more athletic. But it's been building larger than that. Now that I've hit that milestone, I've sparked a fairly-new found interest in becoming a fitness instructor myself! I know how incredible I feel making and reaching new fitness and health goals, and I love the energy that comes from participating in a group aerobics class. That is my fuel. My attitude is that fitness is FUN. The results are the bonus for me.
Making goals is what is going to keep the exercise and healthy eating lifestyle exciting and fresh. Every month (everyday, even) I set the bar higher for myself- example: "this week, along with maintaining a 3,500 calorie exercise deficit, I'm going to shrink my mile time by 20 seconds," or, "this week, I'm going to do another 20 push-ups and up my water intake by 30 ounces." Realize that next week is going to come, nonetheless. Wouldn't you like to feel more successful/healthier/and more energetic? Realizing that I can be whatever I set my mind to, and with proper goals, I can get there. So can you.
Have a wonderful week, you guys!
XOXO,
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment