It's January 2010 and it's time to make some goals, as well as changes.
This year, first and foremost, I want to lose the last 4 pounds and hit my FIFTY POUND MARK! I did not come this far on my journey to stop now. Since the beginning of this new lifestyle for myself, I had goals. But I didn't realize how big they were until I dropped the first dress size. I was not only thinner, I was feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I was finally putting MYSELF in my priorities. I always was worth it, but I didn't see that. My journey doesn't end. Since joining Gold's Gym last January, I've become a total gym rat. I tested to certify to teach MY OWN aerobics classes. I should be hearing back this week or next from AFAA with my test results and/or my certification. I want to "pass it along" and help OTHERS to their weight-loss and fitness goals.
Two weeks ago, my mom and I went shopping and I tried on my first size 10 dress pants (my first size 10 since jr. high) and they zipped and FIT PERFECTLY. NOTHING feels better than to feel good and see those results from the hours you've put in. Sweat equity. I'M A SIZE MEDIUM??!
I wore them for the first time to school again today and there was definitely something new in my step. I walked confidently. I smiled more. I had my own little secret of my dropped size. I think everyone could notice a change in me.
This year, instead of saying "this year, I'm going to get fit," I finally get to say, "this year, I'm going to STAY fit."
The biggest blessing that has come from this process is that it's helping others.
Congrats! Sounds like all of your hard work is paying off.
ReplyDelete